Most interesting Google Patents for SEO in 2022
Research Google patents is one of the smartest ways to understand modern search engines like Google. A pioneer in researching Google patents was the unforgettable Bill Slawski. In his blog SEObythesea he published the insights from hundreds of Google patents and thus did an essential job for the entire SEO industry. He inspired me to substantiate my own thoughts and theories via Google patents. In this article I would also like to contribute to archiving well-founded knowledge from Google patents. Enjoy!
Most interesting Google patents from 2022
Below are summaries of the most interesting Google patents from 2022
This Google patent was first published in 2011 and republished on 2022-08-02 under a new patent number. The status is active and the anticipated expiration is january 2031. It is classified in Operations research or analysis, machine learning and Marketing, e.g. market research and analysis, surveying, promotions, advertising, buyer profiling, customer management or rewards; Price estimation or determination.
This patent describes how an algorithm is trained via supervised machine learning using various methods (logistic regression, support vector machines, Bayesian approaches, decision trees, etc.) in order to classify the content. Content is labeled by people in order to then make it available to a learning algorithm as sample training data. It should be noted that these learning approaches are useful in situations when the classes considered are significantly biased (pornography or adult content, children’s content, hate speech, bombs, weapons especially, ammunition, alcohol, offensive language, tobacco, spyware, unwanted code, illegal drugs, downloading music, certain types of entertainment, illegality, profanity, etc.) and where there are limited resources to get information from people.
In addition, the approaches can be used to prevent the display of advertising on critical pages or content. Classification can be based on URL, text, anchor texts, DMOZ categories, third party classification, images on a page…
This patent provides approaches that Google uses to evaluate E-A-T, or classify, websites for spam, scam, or other content that Google does not want indexed.
- Most interesting Google Patents for SEO in 2022 - 12. September 2022
- All you should know as an SEO about entity types, classes & attributes - 6. August 2022
- What are Micro Intents? - 8. July 2022
- How does Google understands search terms by search query processing? - 29. June 2022
- A bit more than an introduction to E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, Trust) - 1. June 2022
- Knowledge Panels & SERPs for ambiguous search queries - 22. May 2022
- Evolution of Marketing: From Advertising to Content – From Push to Pull - 16. May 2022
- How Google can identify and interpret entities from unstructured content? - 2. May 2022
- How does Google process information from Wikipedia for the Knowledge Graph? - 13. April 2022
- How can Google identify and rank relevant documents via entities, NLP & vector space analysis? - 13. April 2022